Voluntary recall of select packages of Frosted Mini-Wheats Bite Size Original and Mini-Wheats Unfrosted Bite Size

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

We have initiated a voluntary recall due to the possible presence of fragments of flexible metal mesh from a faulty manufacturing part. Recalled products include only Frosted Mini-Wheats Bite Size Original and Mini-Wheats Unfrosted Bite Size with the letters KB, AP or FK before or after the Best If Used Before date. Products impacted are:

Kellogg's Frosted Mini-Wheats Bite Size Original cereal
• UPC 3800031829 - 18-ounce carton with Better if Used Before Dates between APR 01 2013 KB - SEP 21 2013 KB
• UPC 3800073444 - 18-ounce carton with Better if Used Before Dates between APR 01 2013 KB - SEP 21 2013 KB
• UPC 3800031834 - 24-ounce carton with Better if Used Before Dates between APR 01 2013 KB - SEP 21 2013 KB
• UPC 3800046954 - 30-ounce carton with Better if Used Before Dates between APR 01 2013 KB - SEP 21 2013 KB
• UPC 3800031921 - 70-ounce club store carton with Better if Used Before Dates APR 01 2013 KB - JUL 29 2013 KB
• UPC 3800004961 - single-serve bowl with Better if Used Before Dates between 04013 KB - 09213 KB
• UPC 3800021993 - single-serve carton with Better if Used Before Dates between AP 04013 - AP 09213 or FK 04013 - FK 09213

Kellogg's Mini-Wheats Unfrosted Bite Size cereal
• UPC 3800021983 - single serve carton with Better if Used Before Dates between FK 04013 - FK 09213
• UPC 3800035982 -18-ounce carton with Better if Used Before Dates between APR 01 2013 KB - SEP 21 2013 KB

Consumers with affected product or who have questions should contact us using the Contact Us feature on Kelloggs.com or call 800-962-1413 from 8 am to 6 pm Eastern Time, Monday - Friday.
Photo of Kellogg's

Kellogg's, Official Rep

• 3601 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Sally

Sally

• 3 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Photo of david

david

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I have a 18 oz box of Frosted Mini-Wheat UPC 3800031829 - Aug 15 2013 KPB110B 19:16.

Is this included in the recall?
Photo of Lester

Lester

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have a box of little bites with the letters knc109 01:19.Is this included?
Photo of david

david

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
How about KPB?
Photo of Kellogg's

Kellogg's, Official Rep

• 3601 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
David, thank you for the follow up. To clarify, the first two letters within the sequence are the key identifiers.

Your package with the KPB designation is not included in the recall.
Photo of Jackie

Jackie

• 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi I have one of the matching UPC 3800031834 with the date of aug 18,2013 would that apply to the recall?
Photo of Kathy

Kathy

• 1 Post
  • 3 Reply Likes
I purchase this kind of cereal all the time. I just got a call from price chopper saying I had purchased a box that could have the mesh in it. Well I got the call a little too late. My son and father had already finished the box of frosted mini wheats. So hopefully there was nothing in what they ate. Kathy
Photo of Chris

Chris

• 1 Post
  • 5 Reply Likes
What about packages that have KBB, KBC, KBA, and KBBA? Are these included in this recall?

What about your Jumbo Club Packs? They contain three boxes of the mini-wheats. The UPC is different for these - 3800022051.
Photo of Amanda

Amanda

• 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
if this is a "voluntary" recall, why are boxes that are still on store shelves being stopped at the register at the time of purchase?
Photo of Diana

Diana

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Better to ere on the side of caution. I for one am thankful the stores are being so diligent.
Photo of Christopher

Christopher

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have a package KP with UPC 3800031829 is that recalled?
Photo of Vicky

Vicky

• 1 Post
  • 4 Reply Likes
We buy ours in bulk and have gotten rid of the boxes. How do we know, and how do we get reimbursed if we just throw them away to be better safe than sorry?
Photo of Joshua

Joshua

• 1 Post
  • 3 Reply Likes
My family already eat our box of Frosted Mini wheats last month and I recycled the box. (we enjoyed them!)
Have there actually been any cases where metal fragments have been found in the cereal boxes? Are the metal fragments clearly visable?

What is the potental Health Risk of eating these metal fragments? Should my family visit a doctor?
Photo of Starlett

Starlett

• 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
I work at a daycare and myself and 2 other children ate frosted mini wheats yesterday 10/08/12 and it was the affected product upc#3800021993 06033fkb single serve cartons, 3 exactly. Ive contacted my employer ABOUT THIS RECALL. is it possible to need medical attention?
Photo of ROBERT

ROBERT

• 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
I received a phone call from SAMs club saying I purchased this and it was being recalled. I still have the bags that came in the 70oz box, but no longer have the boxes as we threw them away for space reasons. How do I return these?
Photo of Teresa

Teresa

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I purchased this product before our vacation. I have 4 children and only one who eats this cereal. He developed Salmonella and was hospitalized because it turned bacterial. He is the only one who ate it and was the only one who got sick. Does this have anything to do with the recall?
Photo of Cristin

Cristin

• 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
I sent an email through the contact us link with the 3 1/2 boxes of Mini-Wheats with the UPC code and manufacture code listed above. I haven't heard back from anyone yet. My question was where do we return them? I tried to purchase more cereal at Target last night and when it got to the register, a big DO NOT SELL THIS ITEM came up on their scanner screen. Please advise what to do with the boxes we have. Thanks, Cristin
Photo of Joe

Joe

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
I checked our boxes and they both have the UPC code 3800031829 but they both have KPB before the Best If Used Before date. Your notice is not very clear since it doesn't indicate whether it is the UPC code or the letter indicator is the key identifier or maybe both. I am assuming that the UPC code is for the overall product batch but the only affected boxes are the ones with KB, AP or FK.

Please confirm.
Thanks
Photo of Carol

Carol

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have a box from BJ's - matching one of the recalled items - they don't even know about it.
Photo of Janet

Janet

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I had the ones in question and sam's did call us but we eat them before sam's called now what
Photo of Trudy

Trudy

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
My grandaughter and my self have eaten quite a bit of this cereal, what are some signs do we look out for? Has anyone gotten sick? You all need to give more information to people
Photo of Dick

Dick

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hey Linda Where's the response?
Photo of Linda

Linda

• 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
If we don't remeber which store we purchased the cereal in, how can we get a refund for a box with the above listed UPC and KB codes?
Photo of Kerrin

Kerrin

• 3 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
My son and I just ate a box that falls into that date and matches the UPC
Photo of Kerrin

Kerrin

• 3 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
What do I do????
Photo of lorrie

lorrie

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
KPC on 'club' size package, ok or not ok? also the phone number and response is terrible!
Photo of Tracy

Tracy

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
Please explain any medical problems associated with this product. I received the recall phone call from sam's club regarding my variety pack of cereal that I purchased there. My daughter, who already has a serious medical condition, ate the boxes of cereal in question. Do we need to follow up with a physician? Additional information would be greatly appreciated.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.